Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Elizabeth Carroll <elizabeth.carroll<-at->
Date: Thursday, July 28, 2016
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with any of these data
loggers?

    Eltek, Genii GD-10
    <URL:http://www.eltekdataloggers.co.uk/transmitters/built_in_temp_rh.html>

    Hanwell, ML4106
    <URL:http://www.the-imcgroup.com/hanwell-hvac-environmental-monitoring-control>

    Paragon Robotics, SC12
    <URL:http://paragonrobotics.com/business/view-products/sensors/sc/12/>

    Rotronic, HygroClip 2
    <URL:http://www.rotronic.co.uk/en-gb/humidity-measurement-feuchtemessung-temperaturmessung/humidity-measurement-feuchte-messung/humidity-data-loggers-datenlogger/hl-rc-b.html>

    TandD, RTR- 507
    <URL:http://www.tandd.com/product/rtr500_series.html>

I am looking for a data loggers suitable for a large institution.
The galleries have already been fitted with WiFi, but the coverage
is not perfect because of the structure and architecture of the
building.  After doing some research, I've narrowed it down to these
five, all being data loggers that use radio signals to transmit data
since, from what I've read, they have better wireless distances and
strength than WiFi.

Ideally, we would like to replace our hygrothermographs with data
loggers that are wireless.  This way, conservation and maintenance
can track each gallery's environment without having to travel to
each logger.  Is anyone using these loggers or has in the past?  Do
you like it?  And are there any problems with them?

For reference, there are about 60 hygrothermographs (I know some
receivers can only support a certain amount of loggers).

Thank you all

Elizabeth Carroll
Collections Care Assistant at the Art Gallery of Ontario
Master of Information Candidate

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 31, 2016