Subject: Barcoding equipment

Barcoding equipment

From: Jennifer Bowser <bowser_jennifer<-at->
Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2016
I am posting for a colleague.  We're currently undertaking a pilot
project to barcode two of our collections in hopes that it will
improve location tracking.  We are in the stage of the project where
we are researching equipment to be use for the printing of the
barcodes, and are hoping to get some input from other institutions
who have implemented or researched similar projects.

To these institutions, we are hoping to find: the type/brand/model
of printer used to create the barcodes; the type/brand of labels
used and the type/brand of ink used to print the barcodes We will be
barcoding a large spectrum of materials (both humanities and natural
science collections), so any information or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Jennifer Bowser

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 23, 2016