Subject: Survey on textile foxing

Survey on textile foxing

From: Sophia Zweifel <sophiazweifel<-at->
Date: Friday, July 22, 2016
I am a post-graduate intern working in the Textile Lab at the
Canadian Conservation Institute.  I am undertaking a research
project that explores the characterization and treatment of foxing
on textiles.  While foxing has been widely studied within the paper
conservation field, little has been established about it in a
textile context.  As a precursor to my research, I have created a
survey for conservators and collections managers working with
textiles.

The survey is intended to collect information on the extent of the
problem that foxing poses to textile collections.  It also seeks to
ascertain the general opinion of what foxing on textiles is, what it
looks like, and where it appears.  I would be extremely grateful if
those working with textiles and textile collections would complete
this survey, accessible via

    <URL:https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/foxing_eng>

The results of the survey will be available to participants if they
are interested.

Many thanks in advance, your time is greatly appreciated,

Sophia Zweifel

                  Distributed: Saturday, July 23, 2016