Subject: Interviews on dollhouse conservation

Interviews on dollhouse conservation

From: Sarah Giffin <sarahgiffin147<-at->
Date: Saturday, July 16, 2016
    author.

I am an M.Sc. student in Conservation for Archaeology and Museums at
University College London (UCL).  I am currently in the process of
writing my M.Sc. dissertation on the conservation and restoration of
an early Victorian era dollhouse entitled "Conservation in
Miniature: The merger of moveable object and historic interior in
the conservation of a Victorian era dolls' house".  I am hoping to
be able to interview a few conservators who have actively worked on
the conservation and restoration of dollhouses, preferably within a
museum environment.

The goal of these interviews is to see the different ways that
conservators in museums have approached the complexity of dollhouse
conservation, whether it is preserving the house as a historic
interior, as a museum object, or as a child's toy.  These responses
will be used in the discussion of my own treatment of a dollhouse at
the Horniman Museum as a case study.  Each interview will be done
one-on-one, either over Skype or via email, whichever is is
preferred by the interviewee.  Interview volunteers will be asked to
fill out a UCL confidentiality agreement before being interviewed,
and the identities of all volunteers will remain anonymous in the
resulting dissertation publication.  Resulting responses from the
interviews will be securely disposed of in accordance with UCL
confidentiality guidelines.

I hope to be able to finish conducting interviews by August 15,
2016.

Participants will receive a PDF of the resulting dissertation, and
any updates on potential future publication.

If you are interested in participating in an interview, please email
me directly at sarahgiffin147<-at->gmail<.>com.  As a note, when writing my
email address, keep in mind that my last name, Giffin, has no "r" in
it.  It is very frequently misspelled, and writing Griffin will
result in my not receiving your email.

I am very grateful for your participation in my interview, as
differing opinions in how dollhouses should be conserved is vital to
my discussion of dollhouse treatments.

Sarah Giffin
M.Sc. Conservation for Archaeology and Museums
University College London
Institute of Archaeology

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 17, 2016