Subject: Survey on ionic fixatives

Survey on ionic fixatives

From: Jess Hyslop <jesshyslop<-at->
Date: Thursday, July 14, 2016
I am a Book Conservation student at West Dean College, UK, working
on an MA that looks into the potential of using a particular ionic
leather-dye fixative for fixing synthetic modern inks on paper (i.e.
post-1850s inks containing synthetic dyes, such as fountain pen
inks, copying inks, and certain stamping inks).  I would be very
interested in hearing your thoughts on the use of ionic fixatives
for this purpose, whether or not you have ever done this in a
conservation treatment.

To this end, I have put together a short questionnaire, and hope
that you might be kind enough to fill it in for me.  It should take
no longer than 5-10 minutes to complete.  The questionnaire is
anonymous, unless you wish to give me your name at the end.  No
names will be given in my dissertation, unless you indicate in the
questionnaire that you are happy for me to do so.  The information
will instead be summarised, with the purpose of better
contextualising my research within current conservation practice.
If you would like to read the dissertation when it is completed,
then please let me know either at the end of the questionnaire, or
by emailing me at jessica.hyslop<-at->westdean<.>org<.>uk

    <URL:http://goo.gl/forms/sel7vNFwYphWZVxb2>

I would be extremely grateful for any experience/thoughts/opinions
you can share with me.

Many thanks in advance,

Jessica Hyslop
Conservation of Books and Library Materials
West Dean College
West Dean PO18 0QZ
United Kingdom

                   Distributed: Sunday, July 17, 2016