Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-at->
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2016
Textile Treatment Conservators (3 positions)
Hampton Court Palace

Two positions - Established
One position - Fixed-term, two years

Full time

Historic Royal Palaces is the charity that looks after the Tower of
London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, the Banqueting
House Whitehall, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle in Northern
Ireland.

Historic Royal Palaces' Conservation and Collection Care team is
responsible for the care and preservation of one of the finest
textile collections of royal tapestries, furnishings and costumes in
the world.  Housed across our six sites, these priceless artefacts
are displayed both for our visitors today and for future generations
to discover the fascinating stories behind these unique exhibits.

Our textile conservation section currently has three vacancies for
skilled textile conservators.  Having attended a recognised textile
conservation training programme or equivalent, you'll have an
in-depth understanding of the theories and techniques involved in
textile conservation together with the ability to carry out hands-on
treatment as required in our three textile conservation treatment
teams: Tapestry, Furnishings, and Costume and General Textiles.

We are looking for proactive and enthusiastic individuals who will
have worked with fragile textiles and have an ability to deliver
assignments to deadlines.  Teamwork is essential and you must be
able to work at heights.  This role also includes regularly
explaining our conservation work to the public.

Based at Hampton Court Palace you may be required to travel to our
other palaces on occasion.

Historic Royal Palaces endorses the Icon PACR accreditation scheme.

Closing date:  10 July 2016

Salary:  UKP25,466

Interviews:  w/c 18 July 2016

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Historic Royal Places is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Jo Wilson
Business Supervisor
Conservation and Collection Care

                  Distributed: Saturday, June 25, 2016