Subject: Gloves for use with organic solvents

Gloves for use with organic solvents

From: Eleni Loizides <eleni.loizidou<-at->
Date: Tuesday, June 21, 2016
I am looking for disposable gloves suitable for use when handling
acetone and other solvents such as ethanol and toluene.  A recent
search has shown that disposable nitrile and latex gloves are not
recommended for use with acetone and toluene whilst some types of
gloves are only recommended for splash protection with ethanol, but
this is the lowest level of protection according to European
Standards and not adequate for our needs.  This is the case for
several glove brands.

Any suggestions or comments on what others use will be greatly
appreciated.

Eleni Loizides
Conservator
Department of Antiquities Cyprus