Subject: History of archival tape

History of archival tape

From: Elissa O'Loughlin <newpondstudio<-at->
Date: Monday, June 20, 2016
I would be extremely grateful for information regarding the first
"archival" tapes made in the U.K.  The unverified story is that the
British Library undertook a project with a British manufacturer in
or around 1982 to develop a long lasting removable pressure
sensitive tape.  I have one early advertisement from Ademco that
reads "This tape was developed in England by Ademco working with
several of Britain's leading paper conservation laboratories".  I
would like to know a bit about how the idea emerged and who was
involved in the development of the tape.  The product was sold by
Conservation Materials LTD.

The information is needed for my research on tape history and full
credit will be given for helping me find the information.

Elissa O'Loughlin

                  Distributed: Saturday, June 25, 2016