Subject: Call for papers--Conference on development of preventive conservation in France

Call for papers--Conference on development of preventive conservation in France

From: Agnes Gall-Ortlik <gallortlik<-at->
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2016
APrevU Conference
Archives nationales
Pierrefittes, Paris
Thursday - Friday, June 8-9, 2017

The Master of preventive conservation from the Paris I
Pantheon-Sorbonne University exists since 1993.  This period of 20
years is the occasion for a first assessment of the impact of this
professional training.  Our Association des Preventeurs
Universitaires - Conservation du patrimoine (APrevU), founded by a
group of graduates of the twentieth year, is organising during June,
8-9, 2017 at the Archives nationales (Pierrefittes, Paris) a
conference on the development of preventive conservation in France
since the creation of the master, trying to measure the effects on
cultural heritage's conservation and its evolution over time.

The form of the conference should be as following:

    A 2 days conference with a round table at the end

    Number of participants: around 200 people

    Opening hours: 9 am - 5 pm

    Project to give an evening reception the first day.
    Location to be determined

    Preprints publication

The participation of foreign professionals will be welcomed to keep
things in perspective our practice of preventive conservation.

Of course, the success of this initiative will count on the
participation of a maximum of persons connected with this training.
We would like on this occasion to invite you to formulate your
opinions and discuss a number of issues:

    Did this training close the gap observed in France in 1992
    during the conference "Preventive Conservation" organised by the
    ARAAFU?

    Did the diploma structure the profession or did the preventive
    conservation remain an extra skill used by different
    professional profiles?  Where do we find the graduates today?

    Was there an increase in jobs and preventive conservation
    departments since the creation of the training?

    Did the tools proposed during the training (methods of
    assessment, collection sites, prevention plans, etc.) evolved
    since 1993?

    Does sustainable development have an influence today on
    preventive conservation?

    Is there a "French touch" in the way of practicing preventive
    conservation?

Abstracts have to be sent to info<-at->aprevu<.>com before July 15, 2016.

The abstract's template can be downloaded on the APrevU website at

    <URL:https://aprevu.com/2016/06/11/appel-a-contribution/>

Agnes Gall-Ortlik
Conference coordinator, APrevU

                  Distributed: Saturday, June 18, 2016