Subject: Aluminium sculpture

Aluminium sculpture

From: Harriet Knightley <harriet.knightley<-at->
Date: Monday, June 6, 2016
Aluminium sculpture repair

I am a masters student at West Dean College working on the repair of
cast aluminium outdoor sculptures.  I was wondering if anyone had
any experience with this type of conservation, as there is little
written about the topic that I can find.  I am looking into the
possibility of using a modern low temperature aluminium brazing
technique to reattach losses to aluminium sculpture, does anyone
have any knowledge or experience working with repairs to this type
of sculpture or the conservation of aluminium?  Any advice would be
very welcome.

Harriet Knightley
Metals Department
West Dean College