Subject: Position at United Kingdom Antarctic Heritage Trust (UKAHT)

Position at United Kingdom Antarctic Heritage Trust (UKAHT)

From: Sophie Rowe <rswr2<-at->
Date: Thursday, June 2, 2016
Project Conservator
Horseshoe Island, Antarctica
United Kingdom Antarctic Heritage Trust (UKAHT)

The United Kingdom Antarctic Heritage Trust (UKAHT) is a charity
which exists to advance the preservation, enhancement and promotion
of Antarctic heritage to engage, inform and inspire a global
audience.  We conserve and manage six historic sites and monuments
(HSMs) on the Antarctic Peninsula.  These six sites are former
science bases dating from 1944 onwards which represent the birth of
the modern era of scientific exploration of Antarctica.

We are the only UK charity which has the responsibility and the
expertise in caring for our valuable Antarctic heritage in this
unique and challenging environment.  Operating at the highest level
both in the UK and overseas to international treaty standards, our
work is seen by the world and we are recognised for our commitment
to high standards of stewardship and safety.

As part of our commitment to responsible heritage management we are
embarking on a new programme of conservation management on the
Peninsula and will be undertaking a first field season at one of our
most recently adopted sites; Base Y, on Horseshoe Island in January
and February 2017.  We will be deploying a conservation team of four
to spend 5/6 weeks on the island carrying out important survey and
sampling work as well as basic weatherproofing maintenance work.

We are seeking an experienced artefact conservator to join that team
to undertake a survey of the artefacts on site--both to document
what is present and carry out a condition survey which will inform
our planning for future work to preserve the site and the artefacts.

For more details on the opportunity, please see the job
specification at

    <URL:http://www.ukaht.org/get-involved/jobs/>

How to apply: Our recruitment and selection process aims to select
the applicant whose skills, knowledge and experience best match
those set out in the person specification and whose attitude and
character fit our culture based on our organisational values.

To apply for this post please send us a copy of your CV with a
covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) which demonstrates
how you think you meet the requirements of the role.  Please include
the names and contact details of two professional referees.

Please return these to jobs<-at->ukaht<.>org.

The deadline for applications is 5pm 14 June 2016.

We will contact you to arrange to meet to discuss the project during
w/c 22 June 2016

Any informal queries about the role may be directed to
info<-at->ukaht<.>org

                   Distributed: Friday, June 3, 2016