Subject: Zip lock bags yellowing

Zip lock bags yellowing

From: Jerry Shiner <info<-at->
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Emanuele Marconi <emanuele.marconi<-at->usd<.>edu> writes

>Have you ever had similar experiences with (old or new) polyethylene
>bags yellowing?  I am wondering if this can be caused by a
>plasticizer or any other additive used in the production.

A quick search on CoOL for "yellow plastic" yielded many--too many
results to be useful.  However, if you add "shiner" to your search,
you'll find some ancient postings that may be of some interest to
you.

    **** Moderator's comments: This is a good chance for me to
    remind people that the DistList archives are indexed separately
    from Conservation OnLine (CoOL) as a whole and each will return
    a different result set.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Microclimate Systems

                   Distributed: Friday, June 3, 2016