Subject: Tlingit Baskets

Tlingit Baskets

From: Caitlin Mahony <caitlinmahony<-at->
Date: Monday, May 23, 2016
    author.

I am currently developing a protocol for the care and treatment of
Tlingit basketry within the collection of the National Museum of the
American Indian.  My partner in this project is a native Tlingit
weaver.  We have become interested in knowing how many Tlingit
baskets are in museums and other institutions in the US and abroad.
If you think you have some within your collection, would you mind
doing a quick search in your database for a rough estimate?  We
appreciate it.  You can contact me offline at mahonyc<-at->si<.>edu.

Caitlin Mahony
Andrew W. Mellon Fellow in Objects Conservation
National Museum of the American Indian
Cultural Resources Center
4220 Silver Hill Rd.
Suitland MD 20746