Subject: Position at Tate

Position at Tate

From: Shuhel Miah <shuhel.miah<-at->
Date: Friday, May 13, 2016
Researcher, Conservation Science
CMOP (Cleaning Modern Oil Paints)
Tate

Funded as part of a JPI Heritage Plus scheme, the Cleaning Modern
Oil Paints (CMOP) project investigates the conservation challenges
around twentieth- and twenty-first-century oil paintings

    <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk/about/projects/cleaning-modern-oil-paints>

This is your chance to work with Tate conservation scientists in one
of the most globally important art institutions on ground-breaking
research into a significant challenge facing modern and contemporary
art conservation.

You will make a significant contribution by exploring several
aspects of oil paint formulations and case studies on works of art,
analysing and testing surface cleaning systems for soiling removal.
You'll also circulate results to our research partners, contribute
to the dissemination of research, and facilitate the transfer of
knowledge from the project into practice within Tate.  Materials
analysis of modern and contemporary painted and other oil-based
works from our collection will also fall within your remit.

An active post-doctoral researcher, having recently completed
doctoral studies, or are close to completion, you will have
experience in one of conservation science, heritage science,
technical art history or a physical science.  Alongside at least two
publications that demonstrate autonomous and original research
related to conservation or heritage science, you will bring
experience of gas chromatography, FTIR spectroscopy, digital
microscopy or equivalent.

As the role will involve multiple collaborations with international
partners, meticulous organisation and attention to detail will be
essential.  Above all, you will be driven to achieve with the
ability to use your own initiative, and deliver results within a
specific timeframe.

How to apply: Our opportunities are open for you to apply online.
Please visit:

    <URL:http://www.tate.org.uk/about/workingattate/>

to create an account by registering your details or if you are an
existing user, log into your account.  For all opportunities, we ask
candidates to complete an online application form for the vacancy
they are interested in.  If you need an application form in an
alternative format, please call us on +44 20 7887 4997Once you have
submitted your application, you can keep track of its progress by
logging in to your account.

The closing date for the submission of completed application forms
is Monday, 6 June 2016 by 17.00.  Interviews will be held at Tate
Britain on Monday, 20 June 2016.

Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.

Please note that any information sent, received or held by Tate may
be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000

                   Distributed: Monday, May 16, 2016