Subject: Dyes for cellulosic textiles

Dyes for cellulosic textiles

From: Jessie Firth <jessie.firth<-at->
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Due to the requirement for a current, manufacturer produced MSDS we
have had to dispose of a large portion of our Solophenyl dyes.

This has given us the opportunity to see if there is a better
alternative out there.  So, what dyes would you recommend for dying
cellulose fabric that is used for display and repair?  Why did you
choose that one?  Bonus points if you can point me to a supplier of
small quantities in Australia.

Jessie Firth
Textile Conservator
Collection Services