Subject: Hand held UV lamp for mould remediation

Hand held UV lamp for mould remediation

From: Elizabeth Meek <l.meek<-at->
Date: Thursday, May 12, 2016
Alayne Alvis <alayne.alvis<-at->sydney<.>edu<.>au> writes

>I would like to buy some new hand held UV lamps for mould treatment.
>Are there any models that list members would recommend?  My
>preference would be for a battery powered one.

Although not battery operated, we have been using a SterilWand for
the last couple of years to treat mould outbreaks on building
surfaces.  Treatment appears to be effective thus far.  See

    <URL:http://www.steril-aire.com/uvc-lights-emitters/>

or

    <URL:http://www.e-co.uk.com/wand/>

Please note the Health and Safety requirements for this unit.  We
set it up to run only when personnel are not exposed to the UV
light, i.e. we set up the light insitu and then run timed exposures
using a remote switch.

Lizzie Meek
Programme Manager-Artefacts
Antarctic Heritage Trust