Subject: Multilingual Conservation Dictionary

Multilingual Conservation Dictionary

From: Monika Bogdanowska <leksykonia<-at->
Date: Saturday, May 7, 2016
We are pleased to announce that the "Interdisciplinary Multilingual
Dictionary" is now publicly available on-line.

During the most recent phase of the project, we focused on the
terminology of art restoration and related disciplines translated
between five languages.  In English, Polish and German, you will
find more than 10,000 main entries and an additional 4,000 or so
also translated into French and Italian.  Key topics include: theory
of conservation-restoration, damage and treatment of easel and wall
paintings, biology, chemistry, art history, architecture and craft
terminology--gilding, plastering, woodworking, etc.

We would very much appreciate your feedback and comments.  We intend
to continue expanding the database and we're currently searching for
partners for the next phase of the project, so if you are interested
in contributing, please let us know.

You are warmly invited to visit the website:

    <URL:http://www.imd.pk.edu.pl>

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 10, 2016