Subject: Photographic prints identification chart

Photographic prints identification chart

From: Gawain Weaver <gawain.weaver<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Our 19th Century Photographic Prints ID chart has undergone a major
graphic revision this month based on my experience teaching with the
chart in the 4-day Care and ID of Photographs workshop.  You can
find the new version of the chart on my website in the usual place:

    <URL:http://gawainweaver.com/processID>

Direct links to the charts:

    <URL:http://gawainweaver.com/images/uploads/file/Process%20ID%20Chart_19th%20Century%20Photo.pdf>
    <URL:http://gawainweaver.com/images/uploads/file/Process%20ID%20Chart_19th%20Century%20Photo_ES.pdf>

Please print, share, post, and use freely.

Thanks to photograph conservators Cecilia Salgado and Alejandra
Mendoza we also have a Spanish language version of the chart.  A
Spanish language version of the Photomechanical chart is
forthcoming, and I'm sure other languages will follow eventually.

On a related note, only 1 workshop is currently scheduled this year,
at the University of Kansas Libraries in Lawrence, KS, June 13-16,
There's still space but it's on schedule for being a very full
workshop:

    <URL:http://gawainweaver.com/workshops/>

Gawain Weaver
Photograph Conservator