Subject: Ultrasonic welder

Ultrasonic welder

From: William Minter <wdm14<-at->
Date: Sunday, May 1, 2016
Marianne Kelsey <marianne.kelsey<-at->kofile<.>us>

>Our conservation lab is searching for a used Ultrasonic Mylar
>Encapsulator to purchase.  Bill Minter is currently unable to create
>new units, as the manufacturer of the welding heads has discontinued
>their creation after 25 years...

For the past 36-years, Dukane Corp has supplied the electronic
component for the encapsulator and for the past 25-years, they have
supplied a very reliable, custom-built unit that was recently
discontinued.  They offered a commercial unit that is ten-times more
powerful, with numerous "bells and whistles", but it also requires a
separate computer for operation all of which is overkill for our
needs.

About a month ago, we thought we found a suitable system, but the
cost for that one component was 4-times the previous cost.  That
would have doubled the overall cost of a welder.  Therefore, we
continue to search for a suitable supplier.

Bill Minter
William Minter Bookbinding and Conservation, Inc.
4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury PA 16695

                    Distributed: Sunday, May 1, 2016