Subject: Ultrasonic welder

Ultrasonic welder

From: William Shepherd <w.shepherd<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Marianne Kelsey <marianne.kelsey<-at->kofile<.>us>

>Our conservation lab is searching for a used Ultrasonic Mylar
>Encapsulator to purchase.  Bill Minter is currently unable to create
>new units, as the manufacturer of the welding heads has discontinued
>their creation after 25 years.  Any potential leads or suggestions
>are greatly appreciated.

I have used an ultrasonic mylar welder while working in the Lab at
the Archives of Ontario a few years ago.  As of 2012/2013 there was
someone that could come in to service it.  The Senior Conservator
has moved departments and the Conservator at the time that I was
there is on maternity leave for a few months more but you could try
one of the other conservators in the department.  I'm not sure if
Adriane has had to deal with a repair on the machine since she's
been there but she might be able to give you some information on who
they use when it does need repairs.

    Adriane VanSeggelen
    416-327-1614

William Shepherd