Subject: Fume extraction

Fume extraction

From: William Minter <wdm14<-at->
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2016
At Penn State, we are designing a new conservation center.  As one
would expect, there will be the occasional need to use ethanol or
other solvents to treat oversize materials in a large wash sink.
While working with our Environmental Health and Safety Department,
the suggested design was a complete enclosure that requires corner
posts.  Obviously, such corner supports will interfere with the use
of the sink when two people need to handle an item.  We are looking
for alternative designs that have been accepted by EHS and would
appreciate hearing from colleagues who have specifications.

William Minter
Senior Book Conservator
Preservation, Conservation and Digitization Department
The Pennsylvania State University Libraries
402 Pattee Library
University Park PA 16802

                 Distributed: Saturday, April 23, 2016