Subject: Mitsubishi RP oxygen absorbers and Escal barrier film

Mitsubishi RP oxygen absorbers and Escal barrier film

From: Heather White <hwhite<-at->
Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2016
I need to create an oxygen-free environment for a small,
deteriorating rubber object, but I'm having trouble finding
distributors of Mitsubishi's RP oxygen absorbers and Escal barrier
film.  I need very small amounts of each (only around 20 packets of
RP-20k, and around 3 feet of 240mm wide Escal Neo film [sealed on
two sides]).  Mitsubishi obviously sells its products in bulk--the
lowest number of packets of RP-20k is 100, and the shortest length
of film is 100 meters--which is in excess of what I need and is very
expensive.  Can anyone recommend vendors who sell these products in
much small quantities?

Heather White
Graduate Intern, Objects Conservation
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art