Subject: Oil painting damaged by water

Oil painting damaged by water

From: Jean D. Portell <jeandp<-at->
Date: Sunday, April 17, 2016
Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo<-at->aol<.>com> writes

>...  I searched the literature and I was surprised by the lack
>of publication or mention of treatment of such paintings, especially
>the rare restudy to determine the effectiveness of treatment (as
>success in the most basic terms)...

Various methods that were used to treat art works damaged by the
historic Arno flood are described in the book, Conservation Legacies
of the Florence Flood of 1966: Proceedings of the Symposium
Commemorating the 40th Anniversary, edited by Helen Spande (London:
Archetype, 2009).  A review of the book was published in Studies in
Conservation, Vol. 57, No. 3 (2012).

Jean D. Portell
Brooklyn, NY

                 Distributed: Saturday, April 23, 2016