Subject: Position at Auckland Museum

Position at Auckland Museum

From: Tammee Hourani <thourani<-at->
Date: Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Conservator
Auckland Museum

Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the
centre of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management
of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff
who tell the Museum's stories.

The Collection Care department currently has an opportunity for a
highly motivated and enthusiastic Museum Professional to join the
Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal.

The position sits within the wider Collections and Research
Directorate.  As a Conservator you will be responsible for providing
expert physical care and improvement of collections with a
particular focus on treatments and preventive conservation to
enhance the preservation of the Museum's collections and to enable a
very dynamic loans, exhibitions and public programme suite of
projects.

To be successful in this role, you will have:

    Tertiary qualification in the Conservation of Cultural Materials

    Member of NZCCM or internationally recognized Conservation
    affiliations

    A minimum of 7 years' conservation experience in museums or
    heritage institutions

    Extensive experience with treatment of a wide range of object
    materials

    Experience in working with taonga Maori

    Up-to-date knowledge of current professional thinking around
    preventive conservation and display of artefacts

    Knowledge in Tikanga Maori (Customary concepts of Maori)

    Project Management skills desirable

    Competency in Word, Excel, Collection Management Database, email
    and internet

    Attendance at professional development workshops on preventive
    and interventive conservation practice is desirable

    Familiarity with display/storage materials testing protocol is
    desirable

    Ability to effectively and constructively communicate
    conservation concerns

    Excellent interpersonal and time management skills

    Desire to work in a fast-paced and lively organisation

    Holds a passion for dynamic museums and for working in a cross
    functional team environment

You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this
position.

Applications close on Friday, 29 April 2016.

This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a
fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national
and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South
Pacific.

To apply for this job, please go to our job site

    <URL:http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com/home>

to ensure we receive your application correctly

                 Distributed: Saturday, April 16, 2016