Subject: Moving collections

Moving collections

From: Eva Storevik Tveit <estveit<-at->
Date: Friday, April 15, 2016
The Munch Museum are preparing to move the collection to a new
building.  One of the challenges are six monumental paintings by
Edvard Munch (size up to 428 X 1148 cm).  These are quite porous and
fragile works.  All of them are mounted on stretchers, some also
lined.  We will mount loose lining/padding on all of them, different
methods and materials.  We wish to come in contact with collections
that have had experiences with moving monumental works.  All
information regarding preparing, materials, transport boxes and
process will be greeted with thanks.

Eva Storevik Tveit
Paintings Conservator
The Munch Museum