Subject: Chemical attacks

Chemical attacks

From: Joanne Hackett <j.hackett<-at->
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Could anyone tell me if the museum or collection that they work for
has a written policy or set of guidelines for responding to a
chemical attack to art works?  I am thinking of the situation where
someone might throw acid or bleach onto a piece of art on display.
I'm particularly keen to hear from anyone who has guidelines for
multi-material collections rather than just paintings and sculpture.

Joanne Hackett ACR
Head of Textiles and Fashion Conservation
Victoria and Albert Museum
+44 207 942 2125

                  Distributed: Sunday, March 13, 2016