Subject: Paint applied directly from the tube

Paint applied directly from the tube

From: Cyndie Lack <cyndielack<-at->
Date: Wednesday, March 2, 2016
Agata Graczyk <agata.graczyk.fr<-at->gmail<.>com> writes

>This artwork has been painted with paint applied directly from the
>tube onto the canvas and the impastos resulting from this specific
>implementation are damaged in a specific manner: loss of adhesion,
>underboundness, water sensitivity of some of the colours).
>
>I am trying to complete a not yet exhaustive list of painters who
>have worked the same way ...

The Ukrainian artist David Burliuk (1882-1967) worked in this
manner.  In 1995 I treated an undated Burliuk painting from a New
York collection executed on canvas.  Feel free to be in touch if you
require further details/photographs.

Cyndie Lack, B.F.A., M.A.C.
Paintings Conservator
Member of the Canadian Association of Professional Conservators (CAPC)
Duncan, Canada

                   Distributed: Sunday, March 6, 2016