Subject: Survey on preservation statistics--addendum

Survey on preservation statistics--addendum

From: Holly Robertson <hollyrobertson21<-at->
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016
The deadline for the Preservation Statistics Survey has been
extended to March 18, 2016.  Go into March like a lion: count what
you do and show preservation counts.

To date, twenty institutions have completed their survey.  We know
many of you are gathering your statistics and preparing your data,
and we eagerly anticipate meeting the goal of seventy-five
respondents that will allow this project to continue next year.

Find the survey tool, instructions and definitions document, reports
from past surveys and, back by popular demand, an Excel spreadsheet
to help you complete the survey:

    <URL:http://www.ala.org/alcts/resources/preservation/presstats>

The Preservation Statistics Survey is a project to document and
analyze preservation activities in cultural heritage institutions in
the US.  Any library or archive in the US conducting preservation
activities is encouraged to participate in the survey.  The goal of
the survey is to document the state of preservation activities with
quantitative data that facilitates peer comparison and tracks
changes in the field over time.

What are some other reasons to participate?

    This year we've started a Guest Curator series, kicking it off
    with Joshua Ranger, Senior Consultant with AV Preserve, to
    provide fresh perspective to our data analysis and reporting.

    The data helps you, and the wider preservation community,
    advocate for preservation using quantitative data.  Data can be
    used to communicate across the field but also with funders and
    administrators.

    Your participation can help us improve the data set and better
    track trends to demonstrate shifts in the field

The Preservation Statistics Survey is a project of the Preservation
and Reformatting Section (PARS) of the Association of Library
Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS).

Contact the Preservation Statistics Survey team with questions or
feedback at preservationstatistics<-at->gmail<.>com and follow us on
Facebook at <URL:http://www.facebook.com/preservationstatistics>

Holly Robertson
Library / Archives Preservation Consultant
Washington D.C.
Coordinator, Preservation Statistics Survey

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 24, 2016