Subject: Conservation needs assessment

Conservation needs assessment

From: Jennifer Hain Teper <jhain<-at->
Date: Friday, February 12, 2016
I am working on some research into the value/drawbacks of trying to
develop an object condition assessment protocol/tool that would span
libraries, museums, and archives.  As a library person, I am
relatively familiar with a number of projects, both large and small,
that cover library and archive materials, but am having trouble
finding similar resources for fine arts, anthropological,
archaeological, or other 'museum type' collections.  I assume that
these must exist?  Several passes through BCIN, CoOL, the AIC wiki
and other known sources have not turned much up either.  I am
looking specifically for object level condition assessments, not
overall preservation assessments of an institution. Any help in
pointing me towards resources, either web or publications, is much
appreciated.

Jennifer Hain Teper
Bud Velde Preservation Librarian
Professor and Head, Preservation Services
Room 425 Main Library
1408 W Gregory Drive
University of Illinois

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 14, 2016