Subject: Blog article on cultural genocide

Blog article on cultural genocide

From: James Williams <james.williams<-at->
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 2016
Michele Cloonan of Simmons College writes about cultural genocide in
a new post on the CILIP blog:

    <URL:http://bit.ly/1SdI02d>

   "As armed conflicts in the Middle East have escalated, and
    countless works of heritage continue to be destroyed, I have
    found myself continuing to think about the relationship between
    human rights and preservation.  Why can't we protect cultural
    heritage?  It is not that international efforts haven't been
    made; International Humanitarian Law seeks to balance
    humanitarian concerns with military necessity.  Yet over and
    over again the world watches as cultural heritage is
    destroyed-often in dramatic and defiant ways.  Most of the
    perpetrators will never be charged, let alone tried."

James Williams
Marketing Manager
Facet Publishing
7 Ridgmount Street