Subject: Internship at Royal Museums Greenwich

Internship at Royal Museums Greenwich

From: Amy Atkinson <aatkinson<-at->
Date: Friday, February 5, 2016
Conservation Intern - Stubbs
Royal Museums Greenwich

We are looking for a student intern to paint a historically accurate
replica of a beeswax painting by Stubbs, researching and following
18th century recipes suggested by the Comte de Caylus amongst
others.  The intern would be based in the paintings conservation
studio at Royal Museums Greenwich, but would also contribute to a
short film about the process for the learning department and lead on
workshops to engage the public and young people in their research.
The internship would take place during the Easter and summer
university holidays.  We envisage that the internship could take 4
months to complete.

Who can apply?

    Anyone who has the right to live and work in the UK

    Postgraduate students

    Final year undergraduates who wish to use research on the
    Museum's collections for a dissertation or long essay

    Students between undergraduate and postgraduate study

Key responsibilities

    Undertake their research towards an agreed piece of work, such
    as an article for a journal, a Museum blog post, a staff seminar
    paper, collection catalogue entries, visitor talks, exhibition
    interpretation or a contribution to a postgraduate dissertation

    Paint an historically accurate replica of a beeswax painting by
    Stubbs

    Successfully complete any courses, such as object handling,
    necessary for safe working

    Complete a brief research report and a short blog post at the
    end of the internship

    Present their work in progress and research findings in
    workshops as described above

Skills and Experience

    Experience of conducting independent research

Terms and conditions: This is a fee paid arrangement of four months
duration.  You will be paid at the rate of UKP252 per week, Payments
will be subject to the statutory deductions of Tax and National
Insurance and will be made monthly in arrears.

Work hours are 9am to 5pm, with an unpaid lunch break working Monday
to Friday; the internship will be based at the National Maritime
Museum.

You will be entitled to take 9.5 days holiday which must be taken
during the internship.

Closing date: 4 March 2016

Interviews: w/c 14 March 2016

To apply please email a CV and covering letter to
recruitment<-at->rmg<.>co<.>uk or post to

    Human Resources
    National Maritime Museum
    Park Row, Greenwich
    London SE10 9NF

Please also take the time to complete a Diversity Monitoring form.

We regret we are unable to reply to every applicant.  If you do not
hear from us within three weeks of the closing date please assume
you have not been shortlisted.

The Museum holds the 'two ticks' disability symbol and will
guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential
criteria.  Please indicate clearly in your covering letter if you
wish to be considered under this scheme.

Amy Atkinson
HR Assistant
Royal Museums Greenwich
National Maritime Museum