Subject: Historical varnish and lacquer recipes

Historical varnish and lacquer recipes

From: Vincent Cattersel <vincent.cattersel<-at->
Date: Thursday, February 4, 2016
Call for historical varnish and lacquer recipes

For an international research project 'European Lacquer in Context'
the University of Antwerp (Conservation Studies) is currently
collecting as many European varnish and lacquer recipes as possible.
Due to the vast amount of recipes in historical treatises,
handbooks, etc. we can use every bit of help.

Why?  Our technological study of European varnish and lacquer
recipes is new of its kind due to its methodology and magnitude.  We
need as much European varnish and lacquer recipes as possible so
that the data and conclusions will gain more significance.
Henceforward, achieving a better reflection of the varnish and
lacquering tradition in Europe.

If you want to participate, you can share recipes by completing the
short online "Recipe Form" at

    <URL:https://goo.gl/5GP5rO>

(it will take only a few minutes to add one recipe)

Or, send digital copies historical handbooks, treatises, hand
written notes, etc. to vincent.cattersel<-at->uantwerpen<.>be

For more information about this project, see:

    ELinC on Facebook: 'European Lacquer in Context - ElinC'

    ELinC-project's website: <URL:http://org.kikirpa.be/elinc/>

Vincent Cattersel
PhD-researcher
University of Antwerp