Subject: Internships at University of Delaware

Internships at University of Delaware

From: Claire Martin <crmartin<-at->
Date: Friday, January 29, 2016
Preprogram Internships
University of Delaware

We are offering two conservation preprogram internships this spring
and we are opening these up to preprogram students through
continuing education.

Sculpture Conservation
Taught by Sculpture

    Conservator Shelley Smith and Historic Preservationist, Maribel
    Beas.  This internship will work with public sculptures (stone
    and bronze) and involve documentation, outreach and treatment.

    The internship is on Fridays from noon to five pm on the Newark
    campus.

Textile Conservation
taught by Dr. Vicki Cassman,

    Textile Conservator.  This internship will work with textile
    artifacts from the period of WWI and with carpet conservation.
    The internship is an introduction to textile conservation,
    documentation, textile techniques and treatment.s

    The internship takes place on Mondays 1-6 PM, 120 Old College on
    the Newark Campus.

To register for either of these internships contact Vicki Cassman
<vcassman<-at->udel<.>edu>.

Courses start Monday February 8, 2016 and run through May 20, 2016.

To sign up for the internships we will use one credit of internship,
or ARTC464 000.  For instate tuition the cost is $468 and for out of
state the cost is $1254 (there are fees for registration etc.
too--$80).

Please contact vcassman<-at->udel<.>edu, and I will give you further
information on how to register through Professional and Continuing
Education.

                 Distributed: Sunday, January 31, 2016