Subject: Writing conservation blogs

Writing conservation blogs

From: Philippa Smith <philippa.smith<-at->
Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016
LMA Conservation Studio Manager Caroline De Stefani and Principal
Archivist Philippa Smith are delighted to have been invited to write
about the pleasures and pitfalls of writing a blog for a fellow blog
published by Cilip (The Chartered Institute of Library and
Information Professionals).

The importance of recording the progress of the Great Parchment Book
project through a blog was identified right at the start of the
discussions about the project and it has been a key means to
publicise and ensure the legacy of the project.  The recently
published post includes our tips for writing a successful blog and
looks at the lessons we have learned along the way.

You can read the Cilip blog post "The pleasures and pitfalls of
writing a conservation project blog" at

    <URL:http://www.cilip.org.uk/blog/pleasures-pitfalls-writing-conservation-project-blog>

Mrs Philippa Smith
Principal Archivist (Collections and Systems Management)
London Metropolitan Archives
40 Northampton Road
London EC1R 0HB
+44 20 7332 3843