Subject: Position at The University of Manchester

Position at The University of Manchester

From: Jim Duff <jim.duff<-at->
Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Conservator
University of Manchester Library

Normal working hours are 35 hours per week

The University of Manchester Library is one of only five National
Research Libraries and the third largest academic library in the UK.
Our vast and rich collections (both print and increasingly digital)
help us to deliver a world-class library and information service for
the University of Manchester.  While our primary objective is to
meet the learning, teaching and research needs of University
members, we are also fully committed to widening access to our
services to individual researchers, local schools and others in the
regional community.

This six month fixed-term post, in the Collection Care Team (part of
Collection Management) will be based across several sites including
the John Rylands Library on Deansgate in Manchester city centre.
The John Rylands Library houses the Special Collections of the John
Rylands University Library which include numerous world-renowned
manuscripts, archives and printed books.

The Collection Care Team is responsible for the Conservation and
Preservation of all Library collections across seven site Libraries.

The Conservator will be expected to contribute in all Collection
Care activities.

You will have a strong team ethic with excellent communication
skills; you must also have the ability to work independently and
unsupervised across a wide range of Collection/Care duties whilst
adhering to strict deadlines.

As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all
suitably qualified persons.  However, as black and minority ethnic
(BME)/male candidates are currently under-represented at this level
in this area, we would particularly welcome applications from
BME/male applicants.  All appointments will be made on merit.

All Library staff are required to wear an identity badge

Enquiries about the vacancy:

Job Details:
    <URL:https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/candidates/PreviewDocument.aspx?docid=13010&jobid=10912>

Apply for Job: