Subject: Position at the Hampton Court Palace

Position at the Hampton Court Palace

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-at->
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Textile Treatment Conservator
Hampton Court Palace

Temporary - 6 months with possible extension up to 12 months
Full time

Historic Royal Palaces is the charity that looks after the Tower of
London, Hampton Court Palace, Kensington Palace, the Banqueting
House Whitehall, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle in Northern
Ireland.

We help everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have
shaped society in some of the greatest palaces ever built.  Across
these six sites we care for the royal tapestries and furnishings,
many of them in their original setting, and Royal Ceremonial Dress
Collection, one of the finest dress collections in the world.

The key responsibilities of this role will be to carrying out
hands-on conservation treatments and conducting treatment need
surveys on the collections care on site and in store.  This role
also includes regularly explaining our conservation work to the
public and you will be keen to contribute to our explaining
activities.

Having attended a recognised textile conservation training programme
(or equivalent), you will have an in-depth understanding of the
techniques involved in conservation treatments and will have the
ability to take on complex hands-on treatment projects
independently.  Teamwork is essential and an ability to deliver
assignments to exhibition delivery deadlines.

Reporting to the Treatment Conservation Supervisor you will work as
a team member as required in our textile treatment teams of
Tapestry, Furnishings and Costume and General Textiles.  Working
with extremely fragile objects, both in the studio and within the
palaces, you must be able to work at heights.  Based at Hampton
Court Palace you may be required to travel to our other palaces on
occasion.

Historic Royal Palaces endorses the Icon PACR accreditation scheme.

Closing date: 31 January 2016

Salary: PR9 - UKP25,466

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk>

Jo Wilson
Business Supervisor