Subject: LED lighting

LED lighting

From: Laura Wahl <lwahl<-at->
Date: Monday, January 4, 2016
I would like to know if the LED strip lights in flexible form
typically use vinyl as the clear plastic covering.  If so, in an
exhibit case, what is the risk of vinyl off-gassing acidic
compounds?  I also assume that this would yellow over time
(especially the long time that the lights are purported to last).
Has anyone done tests which detected vinyl chloride?

Laura Wahl
Library Conservator
Hagley Museum and Library
298 Buck Road East