Subject: Giving back to CoOL

Giving back to CoOL

From: Fletcher Durant <foundation<-a>
Date: Thursday, December 11, 2014
CoOL has supported you, but have you supported CoOL?

No matter what flavor of conservator you might be, Conservation
OnLine hosts resources that better our field.  Whether researching
and reading through early JAIC issues or AIC Specialty Group
post-prints or asking questions and posting jobs on the DistList,
CoOL is the forum where conservators from around the world come
together to share our knowledge in order to better serve our
heritage.

Even though I have posted queries, researched treatments, and found
both co-workers and jobs on CoOL, until recently, I never
financially supported this key resource.

I always assumed that whatever little sum I could give wouldn't even
be a drop in the bucket for CoOL's annual operating expenses.  And
frankly, what I now give won't make a difference on its own.
However, every donation, no matter how small, makes a big difference
to the large institutional donors who want to see that the
professionals who benefit from CoOL are committed to supporting its
continuing operations themselves.  Our little donations lead to more
and bigger donations.  And the profession benefits from all of them.

So, now is the point in this letter where I ask you to go to

    <URL:http://www.conservation-us.org/donate>

and consider making a small donation to support a resource that we
have all used in the past year.  Don't worry about making a big
donation (unless you want to and can afford to!).  Think about
making coffee at home tomorrow, skipping Starbucks, and giving that
$5.  Think about bringing a brown bag lunch to the lab, office, or
studio every day next week, and giving that $25.  Think about what
your small sign of commitment to CoOL means in the larger picture of
institutional support.

You also get a cool ribbon for your nametag at the AIC Annual
Meeting, in case you are driven by tangible rewards.  Thank you for
your participation and support.

Sincerely,

Fletcher Durant

                 Distributed: Monday, December 15, 2014