Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-a>
Date: Friday, December 12, 2014
Preventive conservator
Historic Royal Palaces
Based at Hampton Court Palace

3 days a week, 12 month fixed term on rota to include alternate
weekend working

Pay range: UKP24,966.00 pro-rata

Closing date: 18 January 2015

Historic Royal Palaces (HRP) is the independent charity that looks
after the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting
House, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle.

Historic Royal Palaces displays, stores and cares for thousands of
historic objects, many of them in their original royal setting.  We
are looking for someone to join our preventive conservation team as
we celebrate the 500th anniversary of Hampton Court Palace in 2015.

The key responsibilities of this role will be to carrying out
hands-on collection care and safeguarding routines, including
cleaning the collection and protecting it during education, creative
and commercial events.  We are looking for a proactive and
enthusiastic individual who can remain calm under pressure whilst
managing the risks to our buildings and collections during events

In addition, you will be a member of the team responsible for
environmental monitoring and analysis, pest control management,
condition auditing and exhibition work.  This role also includes
regularly explaining our conservation work to the public.

Successful candidates will have a recognised conservation
qualification or equivalent, wishing to build on knowledge of
preventive conservation by gaining practical experience working in a
delicate heritage environment. Both independently and as a strong
team player you will be motivated to achieve goals by working
closely with your colleagues in a reactive environment.

Historic Royal Palaces encourages PACR accreditation

This position will be based at Hampton Court Palace; however there
may be a requirement to work from other palaces.  Additionally,
hours of work may include evenings.  The ability to work at heights
is essential.

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Historic Royal Palaces is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background

Jo Wilson
Business Supervisor
Conservation and Collection Care

From: Kilian Anheuser <kanheuser<-a t->faei< . >org>
Subject: Position at Fine Arts Expert Institute

Conservator for condition reports
Fine Arts Expert Institute (FAEI)
Geneva

Established in 2009, Fine Arts Expert Institute SA (FAEI)
<URL:http://faei.org> is an independent laboratory for the
scientific investigation of works of art, situated within Geneva
Freeport (Switzerland).

In order to complete our team, we are looking to recruit a
conservator to establish condition reports for works of art, with
the following profile:

    Masters degree in conservation of paintings/polychrome sculpture
    or modern materials/contemporary art

    Full professional capacity to work in French and in English
    (other languages are a bonus)

    1-2 years minimum experience with the writing of condition
    reports

    In addition to their specialty, general knowledge and
    understanding of typical conservation problems associated with
    metal, paper, ceramics and archaeological / ethnographic objects

    Proficiency in the use of standard IT tools (MS Office, Adobe
    Suite)

    Competence in photography of works of art

    Good organizational skills, ability to work independently

Starting date: immediately or to be agreed

Workplace: Geneva, Switzerland

Type of contract: 60-100%, to be agreed

Interested candidates are invited to submit their application before
31 January 2015 to Yan Walther <ywalther<-a t->faei< . >org> (contact by
e-mail only) who will also be pleased to respond to any questions.

Only candidates matching the required profile can be considered.

Application documents:

    CV
    Letter of motivation
    3 references from employers, internship supervisors or academic
    teachers

We would like to point out that FAEI does not undertake any
interventive conservation.

                 Distributed: Friday, December 12, 2014