Subject: Position at Auckland Museum

Position at Auckland Museum

From: Evana Vulinovich <evanavulinovich<-a>
Date: Monday, November 24, 2014
Project Conservator
Exhibitions and Gallery Renewal
Auckland Museum

Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the
centre of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management
of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff
who tell the Museum's stories.

The Collection Care department currently has an opportunity for a
highly motivated and enthusiastic Museum Professional to join the
Museum at an exciting time of development and renewal.  The position
available Project Conservator Exhibitions and Gallery Renewal (1
year fixed-term, full-time).

The position sits within the wider Collections and Research
Directorate.  As Project Conservator Exhibitions and Gallery Renewal
at Auckland Museum you will be responsible for providing expert
physical care and advice for the Museum's collections.

The focus of this role will be remedial treatments of a wide range
of objects and materials in preparation for the Museum's Gallery
Renewal and Exhibition Programme aligned with Future Museum--the
Museum's 20-year strategic plan.  You will be working in close
collaboration with Conservators, Curators, Collection Managers from
Human History, Natural Science and Documentary Heritage as well as
colleagues from Exhibition and Display departments.

 To be successful in this role, you will have:

    Tertiary qualification in the Conservation of Cultural Materials

    Member of NZCCM or internationally recognised Conservation
    affiliations

    A minimum of 4 years' conservation experience in museums or
    heritage institutions

    Experience with treatment of a wide range of objects and
    materials.  Some experience with textiles and/ or paper would be
    an advantage

    Up-to-date knowledge of current professional thinking around
    preventive conservation and display of artefacts

    Knowledge in Tikanga Maori would be beneficial

    Excellent manual dexterity and spatial sense

    Experience working with Vernon CMS of advantage

    Evidence of ability to work collaboratively and in
    cross-functional teams

    Demonstrated experience in and commitment to ethical and safe
    work practices

    Understand the principles of equal opportunities, diversity
    management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the
    Museum environment

Closing Date: Sunday, 7 December 2014

You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.

This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a
fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national
and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South
Pacific.

To apply for this job, please apply online or go to our job site

    <URL:http://careers.aucklandmuseum.com>

and enter the job code 4470.

You must apply via our careers site.  Applications submitted
incorrectly will not be processed.

                Distributed: Saturday, November 29, 2014