Subject: Position at Historic Royal Palaces

Position at Historic Royal Palaces

From: Jo Wilson <jo.wilson<-a>
Date: Monday, November 24, 2014
Senior Textile Treatment Conservator
Historic Royal Palaces
Based at Hampton Court Palace

Full time
Temporary contract (maternity cover) six months with a possible
extension.

Historic Royal Palaces is an independent, self-funded charity that
looks after six very important heritage sites: the Tower of London;
Hampton Court Palace; Banqueting House; Kensington Palace; Kew
Palace and now our newest addition, Hillsborough Castle in Northern
Ireland.  Through these buildings and their collections we help
everyone explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped
society in some of the greatest palaces ever built.

HRP's textile conservation team works closely with our preventive
conservators, conservation scientists and collections managers
within the Conservation and Collection Care, Collections Management
Team to conserve and present the collections.  We are looking for a
senior textile conservator on a temporary basis to help us deliver
this challenging conservation work with enthusiasm, innovation and
through great team work in our tapestry, furnishings, and costume
and general textiles work streams.  This is an exciting opportunity
for a conservator who has proven technical expertise and practical
hands-on experience to take on more responsibilities.

With experience in devising and delivering highly complex textile
conservation treatments, you will have good organisational and
communication skills and decision-making abilities.  Reporting to
the Treatment Conservation Supervisor, you will be keen to develop
your experience in managing and supporting the delivery of projects
to schedule.  You will also be able to deputise for the supervisor
during absences and to advise and guide other conservation staff in
the team to achieve their goals and ensure that standards and
quality of hands-on treatment work are met.  You will have
enthusiasm for coaching and mentoring others, including interns, in
conservation techniques and be keen to develop experience in this
area.

An ability to communicate effectively at all levels is essential.
You will have an interest in, and be able to contribute to, our
explaining activities both written and spoken.  The preferred
candidate will be PACR accredited, or willing to work towards
accreditation.

Based at Hampton Court Palace you may be required to travel to our
other palaces on occasion.  You must also be comfortable working at
heights.

Pay range: 7 - UKP30,704
Closing date: 31 December 2014

Find out more and apply by visiting

    <URL:http://www.hrp.org.uk/recruitment>

Historic Royal Places is an equal opportunities employer and truly
values a diverse workforce.  Applications are welcome from
candidates regardless of their background.

Jo Wilson
Business Supervisor
Conservation and Collection Care

                Distributed: Saturday, November 29, 2014