Subject: FAIC online forum on digital resources

FAIC online forum on digital resources

From: Ayesha Fuentes <ayesha.fuentes<-a>
Date: Friday, November 28, 2014
Forum on digital resources

"Conservation should avoid embracing digital tools until proper
guidelines for their use can be developed."

Disagree?

The Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation (FAIC) has
established an online forum to discuss the current and potential
uses, strengths, and challenges of digital tools.  This loosely
moderated discussion is open to both AIC members and non-members:

    <URL:https://groups.google.com/d/forum/faic-digital-landscape-project>

Throughout 2014, FAIC has been investigating the digital landscape
of our profession to chart and better define its features and
complexity at present, and to develop a forecast of its future
development.  With this research, FAIC is evaluating digital
resources as they are currently used in our field, as well as what
we as conservators need from future digital tools, software, or
networks.  To date, this research has taken the form of a survey of
online resources and series of live meetings.

Contact:

    Ayesha Fuentes
    FAIC Digital Landscape Project Assistant
    faic-digital-landscape-project<-a t->googlegroups< . >com

                Distributed: Saturday, November 29, 2014