Subject: Mold on EVA

Mold on EVA

From: Rosina Herrera <r.herrera.garrido<-a>
Date: Monday, November 24, 2014
Abigail Bainbridge <bainbridge.abigail<-a t->gmail< . >com> writes

>I have been having EVA from Conservation by Design go mouldy within
>two months lately; they say the supplier has changed the formula and
>they're working on packaging that would eliminate contact with air
>but in the meantime can't guarantee any shelf life at all once it's
>opened. ...

It is interesting to read about your problems with mold on EVA from
Conservation by Design.  We have been having the same issue at the
Rijksmuseum and we are looking for an alternative to this product.
If anyone in the list have an alternative, please share.

Rosina Herrera
Junior Conservator of Photographic Materials
Rijksmuseum.
Amsterdam

                Distributed: Saturday, November 29, 2014