Subject: Position at Munch Museum

Position at Munch Museum

From: Kristin Kausland <kristinkaus<-a>
Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Conservation department director
The Munch Museum

The Munch Museum opened its doors to the public in Toyen in Oslo in
May 1963, one hundred years after the artist's birth.  It has now
been confirmed that a new museum will open in Bjorvika, and we can
look forward to exciting times ahead.

The Conservation Department consists today of 15 talented
conservators divided between the fields of painting, works on paper
and museum techniques.  We are proud to be the keepers of a cultural
treasure that is unique in a Norwegian context, and are seeking a
candidate with experience and expertise in the field to lead the
department in this new phase.

 At the Munch Museum your work will include:

    Professional and administrative management of the department
    staff

    Presentation of projects to the next level of management

    Participation in the management team

    Reporting the department's financial status and activities to
    the next level of management

    Research in the field of conservation, and overall
    responsibility for conservation

    Condition checks of the collections, herein when artworks are on
    external loan, when artworks are being unwrapped in the lending
    institutions, and upon their return to our museums

    Other assignments related to conservation according to the
    museum director's instructions

The perfect candidate should have:

    Relevant management experience and experience with conservation
    work.  An accredited degree in art conservation at the Master's
    level

    Museum experience

    Relevant research experience.  Experience with project
    management

As a person we believe you are: Inspiring, strategic, skilled at
interpersonal relations, and skilled at implementing projects

We can offer:

    Exciting art-related assignments in a museum in transition

    Challenging work in a busy, enthusiastic and varied professional
    milieu

    The municipality of Oslo's advantageous retirement benefits

    Professional advancement and personal growth

    Additional information: Personal suitability for the position
    will be emphasised

    After the application deadline has expired a public list of
    applicants will be compiled

Applicants who wish to have their application exempt from public
access are asked to inform us of this and explain the motives in a
separate statement.  In keeping with section 25 of the Freedom of
information act we may be obliged to publish information regarding
applicants who have requested exemption.

Personal recommendations and diplomas should be presented at the
interview.  Submitted documents will not be returned.

To apply for this position, please forward Cv and cover letter to

    Nina Lagesen
    Centric Search and Selection
    nina.lagesen<-a t->centric< . >eu

Closing date for applications is 30 November, 2014.

For the job announcement, see

    <URL:http://www.jucan.no/ledige-stillinger/Munchmuseet/Ledelse/2390571560?asidx=0&asid=1&utvidet>

Kristin Kausland
PhD fellow
UiO/University of Oslo
IAKH, Conservation Studies

                Distributed: Thursday, November 13, 2014