Subject: Freezing glass plate negatives

Freezing glass plate negatives

From: Jane Cullinane <jane.cullinane<-a>
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Martha Little <mlittle<-a t->sonic< . >net> writes

>Does anyone have experience freezing glass plate negatives?  Would
>this be acceptable procedure for them?  If so, are there specific
>guidelines we should follow (such as how slowly to bring up the
>temperature afterwards, whether to seal each box in a plastic bag,
>etc.)?  ...

Freezing is not recommended.  I researched the topic for public
libraries dealing with bed bug infestations and listed the types of
material that should not be frozen.

    <URL:http://costep.cslib.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Bed-Bug-and-Pest-control-2012-handout.pdf>

Jane F. Cullinane
Preservation, Digital Projects and CDNP