Subject: Web resources for artists

Web resources for artists

From: Grace White <grace.white<-a>
Date: Monday, October 6, 2014
Becky Cameron <beckycameronart<-a t->gmail< . >com> writes

>As a paper conservator and practicing artist, I sometimes get asked
>by fellow artists what materials are best to use so that their work
>doesn't degrade fast.  I can give advice about paper, but am
>wondering if there are any good online resources I could direct
>people to?  ...

I have found AMIEN (Art Materials Information and Education Network)
to be very helpful in the past, but now I'm not able to find it
online. Their former domain, <URL:http://www.amien.org> now seems to
be a site about e-cigarettes.  The founder Mark Gottsegen died last
year, sadly, so perhaps the site and forum have disappeared.  I hope
you'll get some other good suggestions, because I would like to know
too.

Grace White
Conservator for Special Collections
Duke University Libraries