Subject: Symposium on cellusic materials

Symposium on cellusic materials

From: Ute Henniges <ute.henniges<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Symposium

"Conservation science of cellulosic materials: recent developments"
Denver
March 22-26, 2015

It is our pleasure to announce a conservation science related
symposium in the upcoming 249th spring meeting of the American
Chemical Society (ACS) entitled "Conservation science of cellulosic
materials: recent developments", in Denver, Colorado, from Mar
22-26, 2015.  On purpose, the topic is rather broad, because we
would like to present different aspects of conservation science with
respect to cellulosic materials.  We cordially invite you to share
some of your recent results on paper conservation issues with us.

The submission deadline for your abstract (title + text 2500
characters, maximum 300 words) is October 20, 2014.  Please use the
official ACS abstract submission system:

    <URL:https://acsmaps.abstractcentral.com/members/client/acs.jsp>

    Please chose "CELL" as your division and select later the
    Conservation related symposium.

If you cannot participate yourself or if somebody comes to your mind
who might be interested in submitting a contribution, we appreciate
your suggestions for other potential speakers.  Also, please feel
free to spread the mail to those who might be interested in
participating.  Presenters from the session "Conservation science of
cellulosic materials: Recent developments" will have the opportunity
to publish their contribution in a dedicated issue of Restaurator, a
peer reviewed journal dedicated to the publication of scientific
papers related to the conservation of paper.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further
questions

Antje Potthast and Ute Henniges
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
Vienna - BOKU
Konrad Lorenz Strasse 24
3430 Tulln
Austria