Subject: Consolidating textiles

Consolidating textiles

From: Solenne Milbled <solenne.milbled<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Consolidation of textile

At the Pole d'Archeologie Interdepartemental Rhenan (archaeological
Trust in Selestat, France), we are facing with textiles excavated
from a World War I German gallery.  These textiles have been
mechanically cleaned and are dry now, but they are very pulverulent.
We are thinking about a consolidation treatment and we are looking
for advices from people who have dealt with similar experiences.
Which method would you recommend?

Solenne Milbled
Pole d'Archeologie Interdepartemental Rhenan (PAIR)
Restauratrice du patrimoine
+33 3 90 58 55 40
Fax: +33 3 90 58 55 35
2, allee Thomas Edison
ZA Sud - Cirsud
F-67600 Selestat
France

               Distributed: Thursday, September 25, 2014