Subject: Silicone release adhesive tape

Silicone release adhesive tape

From: Caroline Tragett <caroline_tragett<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2014
I am looking for an alternative to felt or velvet tape for lining
frame rebates for easel paintings.  Some of our more modern works
are susceptible to sticking to the fabric tapes and I would really
like to use a silicone release type tape but cannot find a source of
this anywhere.  Does anyone have any suggestions of suppliers or
ideas for alternative products?

Caroline Oliver ACR
Lead Conservator (Frames)
Guildhall Art Gallery
London

               Distributed: Saturday, September 20, 2014