Subject: Laminated parchment manuscript

Laminated parchment manuscript

From: Ketti Angeli <kettiangeli<-a>
Date: Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Giada Genua <giadagenua<-a t->yahoo< . >it> writes

>I am a student at the final year in book conservation at University
>of Palermo in Italy.  I am working on my dissertation on a medieval
>liturgical parchment manuscript (XII century) that was laminated in
>the 1960s with a plastic film and a synthetic adhesive that I have
>to identify.  ...

I don't have hands-on experience on this problem but I take the
chance offered by your query to inform you and others reading this
list that an Italian association of professional conservators (and
also librarians and archivists actively involved in the preservation
of cultural heritage) was created in 2013.  Its web-site (both in
Italian and English) and its newly-born forum can help you finding
lots of information about what is going on in Italy.  As for your
query, you could get in touch with somebody who has been dealing
with the same problem in your region.  This is one more option you
have to come across people with useful answers and, of course, share
information.  Here there are the links:

    <URL:http://www.aicrab.org>

    <URL:https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=it#!forum/aicrab-list>

Ketti Angeli
Conservator
British Library/Qatar Partnership project

               Distributed: Saturday, September 20, 2014